Permit To Work
A permit-to-work is an integral part of a safe system of work and used to manage work identified as potentially hazardous in a construction site or process manufacturing plan or other high hazard industries. A permit defined by OSHA is an employee requested and employer approved authorization to work on a potentially dangerous job. The 29 CFR OSHA safety standards include "samples" that show what OSHA expects in the permits for different regulated activities listed below:
1. Confined Space Entry: 29 CFR 1926.1206 Confined Spaces in Construction
2. Hot Work: 29 CFR 1910.252 Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
3. Isolation: 29 CFR 1910.147 Lockout/Tagout - the Control of Hazardous Energy
4. Electrical: 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S Live Electrical Work Permit
Key feature of the Permit to Work app are:
1. Permit Types: Cold, Hot, Confined Space, Elevated Work, Excavation, Electrical.
2. Permit Workflow: Receiving Authority, Approving Authority, Issuing Authority, Gas Tester, Fire Watch, Isolating Authority, Operating Authority, Performing Authority and Area Authority
3. Permit Status Changes: Draft, Request, Approve, Reject, Issue, Site Preparation, Accept, Live, Return, Extend, Suspend and Close.
4. Permit for Single Performer and/or Work Crew.
5. Single Sheet Permits: Master Permit with Child Permits.
6. Permit Document Generation: PDF/Word - Partner Extension Required.
7. Contractor and Employee Qualification Checks.
8. Site Wide Permit Monitoring (Map View) and Permit Calendar.
9. Reports: Permits Requestor, Coordinator and HSE View (20+ Reports)
App Credits: Mouli Ponnupandy, Vinay Kumar, Raviteja Pamid, Arti Joshi, Prashant Hubballi.
Try the App
Write A Review