BOSTON – June 7, 2023 – Quickbase, the application platform for dynamic work, today announced the next generation of the platform at its flagship customer event, Empower 2023, where customers like Southwest Airlines, Consigli Construction and Comcast are brought together to share how they solve their most complex challenges. Companies still struggle with data fragmentation and inefficiencies. As the first application platform for dynamic work, Quickbase is launching new capabilities that help customers get the right information to the right people, anytime, anywhere.
“The way we work has fundamentally changed, and organizations are spending more of their employees’ time managing what we call ‘gray work,’ the manual work employees do because their current technology isn’t actually helping them,” said Debbi Roberts, head of product at Quickbase. “Businesses need to eliminate information chaos as the digital work landscape becomes more complex, and employees at all levels need a holistic view of their work, whether in the field or in the office. As our platform continues to evolve, our goal is to make work easier and more impactful, and help organizations thrive even in the toughest macro environments.”
The new features help businesses centralize information and processes across the highly complex business environments at enterprise scale to drive more productivity:
- Next Generation Forms: Quickbase has reimagined the experience of reading and writing data in applications, including an updated interface to remove the friction often encountered by app builders. Builders can now create professional and sophisticated workflows for data collection using the modern drag-and-drop form designer. Additionally, users can set up custom logic for data validation to help focus users’ attention on what matters most.
- Snowflake Integration: Quickbase now includes a native Snowflake integration that enables the efficient transfer of large datasets for manipulation and collaboration.
- Scaled Solution Management: Scaled Solution Management (SSM) is Quickbase's answer to traditional Application Lifecycle Management. SSM enables large enterprises to safely plan, create, test, and deploy business-critical apps in Quickbase. The first feature released under the SSM umbrella, Versioning, allows users to snapshot and roll back the schema of an entire solution, consisting of related apps and pipelines. This allows app builders to manage multiple apps as a single unit, providing flexibility for specific projects or reporting needs.
- Mobile Dashboards: Quickbase is investing in the mobile experience to provide a more intuitive way for organizations to do their jobs effectively on the go and make it easier than ever for those on-the-go to stay on task. The enhanced dashboards support all chart types and reports, fewer taps, and intuitive navigation to ensure a seamless transition from desktop to mobile.
- File Manager: This new feature makes it easier for users to input multiple files, like photos and documents, into Quickbase apps with a simple drag-and-drop interface.
According to Gartner®¹, “Many business activities follow common work patterns, pipelines or value streams (such as intake, triage, planning, execution and reporting). The opportunity here is to provide common work management tools for business teams to model, manage or automate the repeatable and reportable business activities for which they are responsible. This digital workplace environment can help employees and managers get more visibility into how work gets done by:
- Promote online-first, shared-by-default document creation in activity-specific team spaces.
- Connect relevant applications and data to activity-specific team spaces.
- Empower employees to use low-/no-code tools and collaborative work management applications to model and automate plans, workflows and reports.”
Available now for Quickbase customers, the upgraded platform provides users with a more intuitive and simpler way to manage their data and break through information chaos.
¹Gartner, Quick Answer: How Can the Digital Workplace Drive More Visibility Into How Work Gets Done?, Nikos Drakos and Joe Mariano, October 6, 2022
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Founded in 1999, Quickbase has since become the leading application platform for dynamic work. Used for complex project and portfolio management, the platform empowers more than 6,000 customers to see, connect, and control their processes and data all in one centralized location. Named an Inc’s Best Businesses of 2022, see for yourself why Quickbase is at the forefront of business-led innovation at Quickbase.com. Quickbase – All together now.