Lacrosse Unlimited Unified Retail and eCommerce Processes with Quickbase
Lacrosse Unlimited’s first lacrosse specialty retail store was founded in Long Island, New York in 1990. Since then, the apparel producer and retailer’s brand grew to 44 retail storefronts with a vibrant online presence. President Joseph “JoJo” DeSimone realized the value of Quickbase and set to work building out a CRM system to unify offline retail, team, and eCommerce sales activity into a single platform.
Along the way, Lacrosse Unlimited’s Quickbase solution reduced the need for a dedicated IT team by providing its staff a single platform to handle diverse and complex business processes. The system has been instrumental in boosting efficiency, reducing costs, better managing production needs and key partnerships—while also bringing harmonization to supply chain management, customer retainment, and business development activities.
Quickbase delivered a unified strategy for evolving Lacrosse Unlimited’s business potential by streamlining essential workflows, automating processes, and creating the means to generate business intelligence insights through reports that capture activity in each of its business divisions.
- Deploy a simple and easy-to-launch CRM platform requiring little programming knowledge
- Bring retail production, sales, and business development activities into a single platform
- Unify business processes to reduce costs, boost efficiency, and implement automated solutions
- Transform potential by delivering a company-wide dashboard and organizational framework for tackling key challenges
- Reduce the need for a dedicated information security budget by empowering citizen development of key business application infrastructure
- Implement a flexible framework for success that brings distributed retail and online business divisions in alignment
- A CRM platform for bringing clarity to production, sales, fulfillment, and customer retainment functions
- A framework for unifying retail production, warehouse, on and off-line business development activities
- An internal dashboard to vastly simplify on-going IT maintenance activities
- A system for improving the efficiency of business operations by creating a stable low-code development environment
- Reporting structures for culling business intelligence insights from the micro and macro trends driving success
- Enhanced business development activities by bringing core processes in alignment and promoting greater efficiency across teams
- A single platform for scaling operations and developing the solutions needed to maintain and grow competitive advantage
- Real-time insights into supply chain management and sales activities
- A flexible framework for optimizing business processes to reduce costs and promote a culture of innovation
When Lacrosse Unlimited was founded in 1990, it was the first lacrosse specialty store of its kind on Long Island, New York. From those roots, the store’s retail presence has grown to encompass 44 storefront locations distributed across the United States. In addition to being a popular online retailer, the company also produces Lacrosse equipment and apparel for club, adolescent, collegiate, and professional teams around the world.
A Single Unified System for Building Out Innovative Solutions
Lacrosse Unlimited is known as the retail home for the players, coaches, parents, and fans that love the sport of Lacrosse. Company President Joseph “JoJo” DeSimone wanted to capitalize on that success and continue to grow business by developing a modern CRM solution.
An early advocate of Quickbase, DeSimone took it upon himself to learn how to build an integrated system for optimizing core business processes.
Lacrosse Unlimited used Quickbase to schedule SFTP synchronization to make it easier to track in-coming production demands and available inventory distributed across retail storefronts and warehouses. This in turn allowed the company’s sales and purchasing teams to optimize operations and have a better overview of what goods need to be ordered, produced, and shipped based on current and future needs.
The brand’s online storefront was enhanced with logic sitting between the website and point of sale (POS) system to fulfill new orders from warehouses first, while updating proper inventory totals with a script that immediately pushes real-time insights to the Quickbase platform. This allowed the company to bring greater harmonization and resilience to core supply chain management operations.
The new system provided administrative privileges to purchasing team members allowing them to allow or deny requests for inventory from warehouses with a clear overview of current inventory totals and needs. It has also streamlined Lacrosse Unlimited’s operations around lacrosse stick production.
Instead of simply generating an email to create a new lacrosse stick order, the system now automatically pushes all essential data directly into Quickbase through iPad’s that have been integrated into the store’s retail POS system.
Now Lacrosse Unlimited’s staff has the tools it needs to actively monitor customer needs in relation to in-hand inventory totals and production capacities. The system has a built-in production hierarchy system that makes it much easier to manage on-going production needs and opportunities.
Quickbase helped Lacrosse Unlimited to modernize its business operations by developing enhanced systems for tackling core activities. Measuring efficiency of sales performance, production needs, and warehouse inventories became much easier thanks to a tailor-made solution designed exactly to meet the company’s specific business needs and use cases.
A Flexible Framework for Success
As Lacrosse Unlimited’s Quickbase CRM solution began to come together, the company’s teams were able to reduce costs, boost efficiency, and increase sales performance by better managing the tasks connected to their success as a retail and eCommerce leader.
Quickbase created a flexible and easy to deploy system that did not require advanced coding knowledge or a dedicated IT staff to maintain. It allowed Lacrosse Unlimited’s teams to develop beyond data entry activities and refocus efforts on optimizing and expanding business.
By bringing core business processes in alignment, Lacrosse Unlimited’s business divisions were empowered to boost top and bottom-line performance. The low-code, extremely user-friendly nature of the Quickbase solution harmonized supply chain management, customer retainment, and business development activities.
Quickbase makes it much easier to manage workflows and ensure orders don’t get lost inside a bloated and disordered system. Furthermore, when issues do come up, an internal auditing system recommends how to make adjustments and provide training to staff to resolve on-going issues. This enhanced training environment makes it much simpler to deliver essential on-boarding, training, and process perspective information to employees distributed across the company.
“Quickbase completely reduces the need to staff a full-time IT team and has been utilized to optimize core processes in every area and asset of the business.” -President Joseph “JoJo” De Simone