Greetings from Day 1 at EMPOWER2017! It’s been exciting from from start to finish, and we're thrilled to share a recap:
- The new Quick Base Brand was revealed! Karen Devine, VP Sales and Marketing, took the main stage to kick off EMPOWER2017 in style – a new style to be precise! Learn More.
- Mike Walsh, Keynote Speaker and CEO of Tomorrow, took the stage and inspired the audience to "THINK BIG"! Think big is about the forces leading to the reinvention of work, the pursuit of productivity, and our attendees’ opportunity as emerging leaders to take up the initiative and help lead transformation.
- Breakout sessions started! Attendees had the opportunity to choose from over 24 sessions, across three tracks led by our and Quick Base customers, partners, and staff.
- Customer speakers included: Forrest Parker from Oldcastle Materials, Matt Espie for the Government of the District of Columbia, Nicole Browning from Dominion Dealer Solutions, Jonathan Heuer from HomeSquare, and Todd Orwig from The Spur Group.
- In the afternoon general session, Rick Willett, CEO of Quick Base, unveiled the new product vision to help organizations create a culture of problem solving where all employees are empowered to build apps securely and efficiently to improve their daily work.
- During the keynote, Rick hosted a customer panel to discuss driving business and career growth with Quick Base. Rick was joined by:
- Leigh Rondano, Global HR Operations, Pepsico
- Kelly Wallace, Stock Plan Manager, Illumina
- Rick Buckley, VP Global Operations, Metso Automation
- Ed Zacchini, Senior Business Consultant, Dell EMC
We announced our customer award winners! Congratulations to all winners & finalists!
- The Catalyst Award, given to the organization that creates a culture in which motivated people are empowered people went to CCI Systems.
- The Pathfinder Award, given to the organization that moves the needle in new and different ways by reimagining how their business succeeds went to Boston Scientific.
- The Impact Award, given to the organization that demonstrates the results of driving ideas into action for their organizations every day went to Illumina.
- The Quick Base Hero Award, given to the person for whom innovation has become part of the job went to Amy Corkery from ChildPlus Software.
We finished the day celebrating our new look with a Brand Launch Party in the Exhibit Hall with all our sponsors and exhibitors, sipping on purple "Quick Base Coolers"!
Check back tomorrow for the re-cap of Day 2 from #EMPOWER2017! Be sure to check out our Facebook album with photo highlights of Day 1!
EMPOWER2017 is happening in Boston, May 22-25, 2017.
Follow the action on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram (hashtag #EMPOWER2017) where we’ll be providing updates and sharing moments live from the event.
Be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube and SlideShare for EMPOWER2017 assets following the conference.