Example - Tracking Tests and Students
Help create tests, assign multiple students to take multiple scheduled tests, and be able to track and compare estimated and actual grading times for each scheduled tests.
Try The App
Write A Review
This example app uses many-to-many table relationships - and the basic concepts can be extended to develop a more full-fledged student testing and tracking system.
This is an example app to help answer the query in this community question:
- for each test - create multiple scheduled tests
- assign multiple students to take multiple scheduled tests
- be able to track and compare estimated and actual grading times for each scheduled tests
- when estimated grading time for a test is updated, it is updated for all scheduled tests of that type - to aid in planning and adjusting projections
- 4 tables: Tests, Students, Scheduled Tests, Tests Taken
- Estimated Grading Time is stored at the Tests level
- Actual Grading Time is stored at the Scheduled Tests level
- Tests Taken is an intermediate table in the many-to-many relationship between Students and Scheduled Tests
1) 1 Test has many Scheduled Tests
2) 1 Scheduled Test has many Tests Taken
3) 1 Student has many Tests Taken
When creating a Scheduled Test, the Estimated Grading Time is looked up from the selected Test.
1) Scheduled Tests > Total & Average Grading Time
- shows all the Tests, with summaries for the Totals and Averages - for Grading Times
2) Scheduled Tests > Estimated vs. Actual Average Grading Time - Chart
- graphically compares the Average Grading Time - for Estimated vs. Actual