After having had a great deal of success providing our Exact Forms Plus add-on for hundreds of customers we decided that the same functionality should be available using Excel. This has a lot of potential uses and we are very excited to share the news with the QuickBase user community. While Excel functionality is provided by native QuickBase, sometimes you need a little more in the way of custom generated predefined spreadsheets. For instance, you may have workbooks that have their own set of macros or predefined functions/calculations. Our Excel add-on gives you the ability to simply click a button, fill it with raw data from QuickBase and make the spreadsheet come to life. XL Docs can even be used as a low tech EDI (i.e. placing orders into a supplier’s predefined Excel order template).
Also, since our new add-on can create csv files (comma separated) and save the generated file directly in Dropbox, we have seen the possibility of clicking a button, loading a spreadsheet with information from QuickBase and allowing “QuickBase Sync” to automatically sync the CSV data into the desired connected table in the same or different application.
Please check out our demo.
- Generate Excel documents formatted as needed similar to the way Exact Forms Plus works with MS Word
- Use your own Excel template defined as you need and embed data into as many cells, rows and worksheets as you require
- As with Exact Forms Plus, just upload your Excel templates, and easily define where the information goes and where it comes from in regards to your QuickBase table(s)
- Upload to Dropbox for integration with “QuickBase Sync”
- Create multiple tabs of information from multiple tables
- Configure your data to come from one or many tables – you can even embed sub tables of information