Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
How do I transfer data from a QuickBase to Microsoft Outlook?
If you want to export one record at a time, and that record is either a contact or scheduled event, you can create and use a vCard or iCalendar field to send a record to Outlook. To learn more about those field types, please see our Set Up a vCard Field and Set Up an iCalendar Field help topics.
If you want to export multiple records, you can do that too. The easiest way to transfer data in bulk from QuickBase to Outlook is to export the data from QuickBase in CSV format and then import it in Outlook, adjusting the field mapping as necessary.
To export the data from QuickBase, choose Other -> Export this Report as a Spreadsheet from the menu at the top of any report. This option saves the data to your computer as a CSV file. To learn more, please see our Export Data Out of QuickBase help topic.
To import the data into Microsoft Outlook 2003 (other versions should be similar):
1) Under the File menu select "Import and Export".
2) In the resulting Import and Export Wizard, choose "Import from another program or file".
3) On the next page, choose "Comma Separated Values (Windows)".
4) On the next page, choose the CSV file you exported from QuickBase.
5) Select the Outlook folder you want to import into.
6) On the final page of the wizard, choose "Map Custom Fields" and map the QuickBase fields to the appropriate Outlook fields.
7) Click "Finish" to import your data.
Browse by Category
Knowledge Base Categories
- Accounts (29)
- Application (54)
- E-Mail (7)
- Fields (40)
- Forms (19)
- Formulas (19)
- General (65)
- Other Product (7)
- Pages (1)
- Product (4)
- Reports (15)
- Roles (4)
- Search (1)
- Tables (5)