Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
How can I find duplicate values in a specific field?
The easiest way to find places where the same value is used in the same field across multiple records is to use a Summary report. To create one, you can:
1. Choose a table from the Table bar.
2. Click REPORTS & CHARTS to open the reports panel, then click + New.
3. In the dialog, select Summary and click Create.
Now set the view properties to the following:
1. Under Grouping and crosstabs, set Group by to the field you want to identify duplicate entries for.
2. Under Sorting, choose Custom order.
3. Change the Sort by line so it reads: Sort by # of (items) from high to low.
When you click Display, you'll see a table that has two columns: the field values in the first column and the number of times that field's value has been entered across all records. At this point you can click on the field values to get a list of each record that has that specific field value.
To learn more about Summary reports in general, please see our About Summary Reports help topic.
Browse by Category
Knowledge Base Categories
- Accounts (29)
- Application (54)
- E-Mail (7)
- Fields (40)
- Forms (19)
- Formulas (19)
- General (65)
- Other Product (7)
- Pages (1)
- Product (4)
- Reports (15)
- Roles (4)
- Search (1)
- Tables (5)