NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The QuickBase Hero Search (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Contest. Employees of Intuit Inc. and any of its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Intuit Inc., 7535 Torrey Santa Fe Road, San Diego, CA 92129. Administrator: Intuit Inc., 7535 Torrey Santa Fe Road, San Diego, CA 92129.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on May 9, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 20, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest consists of two (2) phases as set forth in the chart below.
|Phase||Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET||Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|Submission||May 9, 2011||May 20, 2011|
|Judging||May 23, 2011||May 27, 2011|
The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Submission Phase, visit http://www.quickbase.com/quickbase-hero-search (the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address and QuickBase Hero story. By completing the registration form and submitting your story, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Story Guidelines as defined below (the “Guidelines”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your story and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your story fails to conform to the Guidelines.
• The story must be factual;
• The story may be about yourself or another person;
• The story cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
For all Entries: There is no limit to the number of submissions, but more than one submission does not improve chances of winning. All Entries will become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish any or all of the Entries, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity. UPLOADING AN ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR OF ANY AND ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN THE ENTRY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COPYRIGHTS. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder, at time of entry, of the email address used to submit the Entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the process set forth below.
Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the entrant with the best Entry based on how well the Entry aligns with the definition (posted on the entry page) of what a QuickBase Hero is.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, mail or phone on or around May 30, 2011. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return to Administrator, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in order to claim the prize. The Affidavit will request a certification that the story submitted is factual and the winner’s shipping address. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, he/she forfeits the prize. If the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the judges will select an alternate potential winner. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected through this process, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
8. Prizes: The first eighty (80) Entries received will receive a QuickBase Hero cape, approximate retail value $20. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: An Apple iPad 2 (Black 16GB Wi-Fi version), approximate retail value $499. The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, Entry, prize information, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, including the Internet, without further payment or consideration. Sponsor reserves the right to contact the winner to participate in additional publicity opportunities for up to two (2) years following the delivery of the prize.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or votes; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than May 27, 2010. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “The QuickBase Hero Search Winner List” to firstname.lastname@example.org.